If you wish to make a payment via the ‘Donate’ or any of the ‘Pay Now’ buttons, here are a few tips to help with your experience.
When you click on a payment button you will be taken to the payment processing screen. The entire payment processing ‘mechanism’ is handled by PayPal. On successful payment by credit card, debit card or PayPal, you will be returned to the IJBS ‘Payment Received – Thank You’ page or, if the payment were cancelled, you will be shown the ‘Payment Not Taken – Cancel’ page.
The payment mechanism does allow you to pay by either credit card, debit card or PayPal payment. As PayPal is offering this service, their method of accepting payment is usually prominent. You may have to select a smaller, less obvious link to ‘Pay with a debit or credit card’.
In some circumstances a ‘Pay with a debit or credit card’ link may not be present. One reason for this may be that you have purchased something via PayPal in the past month. PayPal will assume you prefer to use PayPal and only show the PayPal option.
In these circumstances, if you wish to pay by credit card or debit card you have several choices:
- Clear the browser’s cookies, history and temporary files. PayPal will then see you as a new customer and display all payment options
- Use a different browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. An alternative browser will have different cookies/history and as such may see you as a new customer and display all payment options.
- Use a different device e.g. personal computer, laptop, smart phone, tablet. Again, each device will have different cookies/history and as such may see you as a new customer and display all payment options.
Note: PayPal accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards. Card types that are not compatible with this service are:
- Procurement and private label credit cards (such as department store credit cards).
- Debit cards that require a numeric password and pin-pad for entry.